If you read blogs regularly, you might have noticed the "5 things you didn't know about me" posts that are springing up all over the place.
If you haven't seen one of these posts before, it's a very simple idea. You must write five things about yourself that not many people know, and then nominate five other bloggers. I'm not really one for chain letters, but apparently it's the season to be jolly. Humbug.
Katy Whitton over at Flipping Heck! has recently been tagged, and has passed on the virus to yours truly. Brace yourself for five of the least fascinating facts you're ever likely to read.
- I had my appendix removed when I was 5 years old. This was an important life lesson for me, as I found at that eating nothing but cream crackers is not as healthy as it sounds.
- Despite being quite an analytically minded individual, I studied art for two years at high school (14 - 16). Unsurprisingly, it was my poorest subject, as you can probably tell by the stunning piece of artwork that adorns this page.
- I run a local Scout Troop. I've been a uniformed leader for nearly six years, and before that I was a member of the same troop since the age of 12.
- The first game I ever wrote was a text adventure called "Sonic's Adventure". It had 100 locations, each with a stunningly detailed description such as "you are in a field". Perhaps one day I'll re-release it as a "director's cut"…
- I've served on a jury. I'm always surprised at people who want to skip jury duty, because I found it to be a very unique and rewarding experience. You're guaranteed to leave with a different perspective on things, and I know from my experience that you will see the best and worst that society has to offer.
So there we have it. For those of you that are still awake, it's time to nominate the people I shall be tagging. 99% of people on the blogs I read have already been tagged. If you're reading this and haven't had one of these messages, consider yourself tagged.