Hello and welcome to the first "issue" of the Sodaware Blog! There's a lot of great stuff in this issue, so we'll jump right in.
Valentine's Day is just around the corner, so it's only right that we should take a look at love in computer games. Is it possible to create a feeling of love between the player and a character on screen?
Also featured in this issue:
- GDL - Harvest Moon – The Game Design Lessons series takes a look at "Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town". What can be learnt from a game set on a farm?
- Creating Emotions with Music – Music plays a very important role in enhancing the experience on screen. A good piece of music that compliments a scene increases the impact it has on the player. This article explores the difference good music can make in your game.
- The Best of the Sodaware Blog – A look at some of the finer articles from the history of the Sodaware Blog.
- What's New? – A brief look at the recent changes at Sodaware.net, as well as some information on what's in store for the next 12 months.
- Getting Started with Subversion – An introduction to Subversion, a concurrent versioning system. How to set it up, how to use it and what to use it for.
- Using zip files with Blitz Basic – A tutorial on using ZIP files with BlitzPlus and Blitz3D. Show's you how to unpack files from a ZIP, create new ones and also how to compress a Blitz bank.